Friday, August 20, 2010

Decision Time

Since deciding I want to become a handcrafted jeweler, and about to enroll in a jewelry making course, I've been thinking about the name I have chosen for my business. "Lady Bow P" Do I want to change it? Do I need to change it? Will it fit my new work?

I've always loved feminine things and feeling like a lady. This still holds true today, though for some reason I don't think it will fit my new direction. I guess that's my problem.. How do I choose a name that is going to represent all my different sides?? Because that is basically what my work is, "representing my different sides". I would have liked to have just used my name, "Polia" but that just sounds silly and so using my full name is out of the question, "Polia Giannoulidis".

The name "Piece by Piece" has stuck in my head, because that is how I work, in pieces.. But the name is already registered, as is "Piece by Peace" which I also thought about. I then moved onto "Piece by Polia" or "Pieces by Polia".  I just don't know.

I guess I want my name to represent the fact that my work is/will be, unique, beautiful and ECO-FRIENDLY. Does Lady Bow P do all that??

3 comments:

  1. Aww Polia, I absolutely LOVE Lady Bow P as a name.
    It sounds refreshing and creative and FUN even though piece by piece is also cute, it just sounds....like i have heard the name before and isn't catching.

    If there were 2 links for me to click on being
    1. Lady Bow P
    2. Piece by piece

    For example your etsy store or a website and i had to choose one only.....I would definitely click on Lady Bow P, Because the name itself is just creative. Pieces by Polia is cute too.

    But at the end of the day it's your decision of course and i hope that you are happy with whatever the decision may be! Xxxxx Good Luck.

    Jessie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely, i love your name as its so unique. but lady bow p is cool xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I've decided I'm keeping it. I'm very happy with it! xx

    ReplyDelete